The nostalgia that filled me last Saturday was incredible, as a child and living 40 minutes away Chessington was my first theme park and the Bubbleworks was my favourite ride, it always has been.
Bubbleworks stuck with me all these years, I’m 25 soon so as you can imagine I grew up with the family ride.
I was slightly worried that my young self had bigged it up much that it would be a bit of a let down, but now let me tell you how wrong I was. The 45 minute ish wait was so worth it. With 2 weeks before shutting it still had the magical feel as ever before. I think I was about 9 the last time I went to Chessington and honestly all I can remember is how awesome the Vampire ride was and how much I loved the magical world of Professor Burp’s Bubbleworks. I didn’t recognise anywhere so a map and the app certainly came in handy. Of course we bought a photo and the Bye Bye Bubbleworks in the corner was such a nice touch.
With hearing of Bubbleworks closing 6th of September there was no way I could not ride it for the last time, even more magical that I could take my children on a ride I loved as a child. Tyler had been to Chessington on a school trip few months back so he was already really excited to go back on it.
We kept the trip a surprise literally until we walked through the gates. Every time we walked the poster gazing at us in the Claire’s window, every Kellogg’s token we collected, every pov youtube video he watched, you could see the excitement behind his eyes and we heard the memories he had of his school trip for the 1000 time.
Going to Chessington as a family was so much fun even though we did go in the summer holidays on a saturday on a bank holiday weekend.. EEK! Yes we were brave!! We did end up walking around a bit lost for a while until we realised how awesome the app was, picking up a actual map was handy too and of course a momento of our trip! (bubbleworks last print on a map *sobs*)
As I don’t want to keep you too long reading how much of a awesome day we had here is some points I made of the day and brief description to keep me from blabbing on!!
1. I know Chessington boast to be a family theme park, it’s not until you go how much it really is. All ages were there even tiny babies! It really is a FAMILY theme park. The rides cater for everyone!!
2. Buggy park up at the side of the rides are really handy! Got to mention the hire a buggy as that’s what I would’ve done if needed!
3. At the show areas there is plenty of seating, bare in mind the time we went noting down the show times and arriving a tad early you will get a seat! They have very handy electric boards showing you the next show times too doted around the park!
4. The staff were easily approachable and kept us up to date when a security camera failed whilst waiting for one ride. (everyone left annoyed, we stayed in line, ended up 1st and was on the ride within 10 mins! *fist pump*)
5. I HAVE to give a shout out to the male member of staff at the Madagascar show. His effort was on point!! He was really into the routine and gave one hundred and ten percent without fail. I don’t know how he does it but he deserves a pat on the back and a high five!
6. The price of a ticket is SO worth it. Buying online in advance you save but to be honest you get so much for your money. A zoo, Aquarium and a bloody theme park!!!
7. Chessington is big but it’s just enough. I would of loved to know how many steps I done last Saturday, I was tired by 6pm let alone how my 3 and 4 year old felt!! We took a wrong turn a few times but as you get used to it you can wizz to the next ride in no time.
8. The refillable drink deal is awesome, next time we are 100% getting one each. We already bought drinks with us and still stopped off for a cold one at their new Smokehouse BBQ place. That is such a great deal, on a hot day everyone is drinking lots.. totally free refills all day.. yes please!
9. Once we gave the staff member our photo number it was printed in no time, so no waiting around cutting into your queuing times!! Next time we will get the digiphoto wristband but we really wanted a print out of our Bubbleworks photo.
10. There is something for everyone in the gift shop! Saved up pocket money or a real splurge.. there really is everything for everyone!
11. On the talk of the gift shop… I managed to pick up a Bubbleworks keyring and pin badge half price! I’m a sucker for mementos and this was paid for in a matter of seconds! Also a trip to the gift shop before the car park saw us pick up the collection of mugs.. yes with the Bubbleworks one hehe
12. The themes in the park are really fab and we loved seeing what we could find/see.. The detail is amazing and we spoke about this around every turn on how attention to detail was not spared!
13. We did go very peak time. Bank holiday Saturday in the summer holidays, many moaned on twitter on ride times but I have to hand it to Chessington, we wasn’t waiting around bored out our brains all day long. We picked certain times to go on certain rides. The app helped hugely with this, instantly you can see waiting times and even directions if you don’t know your way! We managed to go on the rides we wanted just not 5 times as we would of liked! We made Bubbleworks the last port of call with a 60 minute waiting time we was on it a lot quicker and managed to slip in a cheeky ride on the trucks before we left! We ended up speaking to people in the queue or deciding what rides were next.
14. Even if you don’t have children it’s a fun day out, growing up I thought it’s more of a young child type place as a teenager I was all about Thorpe Park, I was pleasantly surprised that I probably enjoyed it more than my two. There was no drama and it’s fully child friendly. A three year old is not too young and if I had known how awesome it was we would of taken them younger.
15. Book parking online alongside your tickets, it’s much easier than faffing around at the end of the day with tired kids, we were so glad we had booked the car park as we just went straight to the car and didn’t have to worry.
I could write a few more but they are the main points I wanted to share.
On the way home we was talking of another trip before they shut for the winter and we shared our memories of the day as we heard snoozy noises in the back coming from the boys.
We are going to try and come back on more of a off peak day as we would’ve loved to of had a few rides more than once. My children certainly felt the magic of the Bubbleworks and so sad they won’t remember our first theme park trip as a family, our Bubbleworks photo holds so many memories for me and I can’t wait to tell them all about it when they ask.
I’m really sad to see Bubbleworks go, It seems so sad to be attached to a ride like the way I am. When you have children you can’t wait to do all the things you loved as a child.
I would LOVE to do a stay in their hotel or the glamping .. we would of loved to do the second day for £7 but we had other birthday plans for the rest for the weekend.
I wanted to take 1000 photos but we were just honestly enjoying our day so much the only time my phone came out was a quiet moment or to use the app.
P.S Download the app we used it a lot and it even pops up with a drink offer
P.P.S This is not a sponsored post. I bought the tickets myself, I just loved it that much it deserved a post
P.P.P.S BYE BYE BUBBLEWORKS I WILL MISS YOUR AWESOME RIDE AND YOUR HUGE RUBBER DUCKYS!!!!!